Alert: There is a planned Community maintenance outage October 16th from approximately 10 - 11 PM PST. During this time the Alteryx Community will be inaccessible. Thank you for your understanding!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Dynamic filtering and file creation

jfaubert
5 - Atom

Hello, 

I want to run this work flow but for 18 different departments, to create 18 different files. Basically changing dynamically the dept_id, based on a list of department numbers. Is there a way to do this using macros? jfaubert_1-1668191023615.png

4 REPLIES 4
Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @jfaubert 

Get rid of the dept id filter and update your output tool to this setting. This will produce one file for every department. 

Luke_C_0-1668191654715.png

jfaubert
5 - Atom

Hi Luke, but I do want to filter the data so that the new file only has the data of that department. Then once done, I want it to go to the next department automatically. And then the next one, etc. 

binuacs
21 - Polaris

@jfaubert as @Luke_C suggested you don't need to filter by department. The output tool will write each dept seperate output files. Attaching a sample workflow for your reference

binuacs_0-1668192073008.png

jfaubert
5 - Atom

That worked!!! Thank you so much!!

Labels