Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Creating Indexes After Temp Table Creation

Jason_Schrader
5 - Atom

My team has created an In-Database Workflow to create new fields, join tables, create benchmarks, and load the data to a final table. During the process, we create a key we later use to join together two tables. Whenever this join happens, our database skew (Teradata measure for effectiveness to spread load across nodes) goes to 99.8%. Once this happens, the job is killed. 

We know if we could create an index on the key after the temp table is created, then this issue would resolve itself. Unfortunately, we have been unable to figure out a way to create the needed index. 

Does anyone have ideas on what we could do to make sure the table gets created with the needed index?

Jason_Schrader_0-1668185992773.png

After the Temp Table is created, I want to execute the following statement "create index ([field_name]) on [table_name];"  

1 REPLY 1
TimN
13 - Pulsar

Hi,

With the a regular Output tool, you have the ability to run Post SQL.  You might be able to add index that way.  I don't think In-DB allows for Post SQL.  The down side is you're not using In-DB and data volume could mean you're not as efficient.

TimN_0-1668189707865.png

Labels