Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Dynamic SQL Dates

cyoung3
6 - Meteoroid

Hi, 

I am trying to create a connect in-db query that updates the dates of my query each period. We are on a retail calendar year so the dates are not always just the first and last day of the month. 

I have a macro input in-db that grabs the first date of the period, and I'm trying to update it in my query but it gives me the error in-DB Macro Inputs and Outputs can only be used in a standard macros. I also tried to have a user input for date and action it in (a less ideal option) but the string in the query isn't actually updating. I've included the stream I am working with. 

The macro is a query that returns the date I want to pass through the query, and the action is replacing the date string in the query. Any advice on how I might be able to achieve similar results? I have been able to do the same things using the dynamic input tool, but it returns all the data to my machine and slows everything down. I need to get this into in-db to manipulate the data before returning to my machine. Also, I do not have the access to create temporary table which was another option that seemed to have promise if I did. 

cyoung3_0-1602879719731.png

1 REPLY 1
cyoung3
6 - Meteoroid

Or alternatively, is there a way to get a query in dynamic input back into the in-db tools? When I try to data stream it back in it will only let me do it if I create a temporary table.

Labels