Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dynamic Output with Dynamic Input

sanketkatoch05
8 - Asteroid

I have an Alteryx workflow that makes a MIS on monthly basis. The MIS consists of the entire month's data into weeks, that is, if we consider the current month - April, then the MIS will have 5 weeks(working), each week is named as :

"Week 1"

"Week 2"

"Week 3"

"Week 4"

"April Month End"

I have already developed a logic to create columns with the above-mentioned names for every month. 

Also, I have dedicated data for every week(column).

This data is basically different excel sheets exclusive for the columns mentioned above (For example: For Week 1 column I have a separate excel sheet which will have data for the first week of April only, all I have to do is use Find&Replace tool keeping the common column as the common parameter and replacing the null values in "Week 1" column with the values in a specific column from dedicated excel sheet) This way, I get data for all the above-mentioned columns, week 1 week2 .... etc.

The problem arises when a month has only 4 (working)weeks. For example: February has 4 working weeks only. My workflow will create new columns like:

"Week 1"

"Weel 2"

"Week 3"

"Feb Month End"

But, this workflow has a Find&Replace tool for the 5th Week as well, but in this case, i.e., a month that has only 4 working weeks, my Alteryx takes the data for the 5th week from the previous month, since I have Dynamic Input for every input file. 

I want this to stop, how can I make Alteryx realize that the current month on which I'm working has only 4 working weeks and it should not run the group of tools which has been formulated for the 5th Week.

1 REPLY 1
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @sanketkatoch05 

Apply the find/replace logic before you crosstab the week columns out.  You may have to substitute a combination summarization and/or multirow tools for the multirow, but you'll have the summaries created before you cross tab to weeks. The "week" columns will then be created as needed for the months, ie. Mar will have values in 5 week columns but Feb will only have values in the first 4 columns

Dan

Labels