Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Dynamic Input not using the file selected in File Browse - how to fix?

rachaelkertes
7 - Meteor

Hey, I have a pretty simple workflow set up which was running correct when I finished it. It's set up as an App to upload a Excel file each week, and process the data and create a table in BigQuery. The workflow is still running successfully with no errors, however the browse tool and the data table in bigquery and not populating with the correct data - they are populating with the data from the excel doc I originally used to set up the workflow (I can tell because this was dated 02/10 and my new file is 16/10). 

I believe the issue is because of the Dynamic Input tool, this still references the origin 1002 file in the "Input Data Source Template" section - how do I fix this so the dynamic input looks for the same file as the one selected in the File Browse?

image.png

4 REPLIES 4
caltang
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Can we see your configuration here:

image.png

Calvin Tang
Alteryx ACE
https://www.linkedin.com/in/calvintangkw/
korva
5 - Atom

I am having the same issue. I have a template data source that is always the output, regardless of what file is input into the file browse tool. I am not sure if the issue is in the File Browse or the Dynamic Input, but here is the Dynamic Input configuration. All files being used are .xlsx

Screenshot 2023-10-26 112840.png

rachaelkertes
7 - Meteor

here is the config for Dynamic Input. 

I can only run the flow successfully if I update both input and dynamic input to the newest file. 

caltang
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Yup

image.png

You've got the change the path - otherwise you're referencing the sheetname of the file you are referencing WITHIN the dynamic input tool.

Please find the following to help:

Calvin Tang
Alteryx ACE
https://www.linkedin.com/in/calvintangkw/
Labels