Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dynamic Formula to retrieve Date and Price automatically following being the Latest

MudgilNiket
5 - Atom

Trying to create a Dynamic Workflow to update prices automatically every year, derived FinancialYearStart and FinancialYearEnd using Formula Tool.
Can a condition be created keeping these in mind :-
1. Filter every STARTDATE greater than FinancialYearEnd. (This can be done easily using Filter Tool).
2. Check if the StartDate introduced is before the Start of the Financial Year or Post the Financial Year Start.
3. If introduced prior to FinancialYearStart Start then pick the Maximum value available in STARTDATE (ONLY IN THE SCENARIO WHEN STARTDATE is neither equal nor greater than FINANCIALYEARSTART)
4. Check if new price has been introduced in the Middle of the Year, if yes then only retrieve the StartDates greater or equal to FinancialYearStart.

(I have tried using this summarise tool but that way it wont be Dynamic, and will have to update workflow everyyear.)

4 REPLIES 4
cjaneczko
13 - Pulsar

Can you provide an example of the desired outcome in a table? Step 3 mentions StartPrice, but there is no StartPrice in the example. Same with New Price in step 4. That also isn't in the example. All of the dates in the example are also less than the FinancialYearStart can you provide an example of what you want it to look like if the date is after the FinancialYearStart?

Also what determines the middle of the year? June/July? May - August?

MudgilNiket
5 - Atom

My Bad, I meant STARTDATE not STARTPRICE, by Midd of the year I mean, if there is a new StartDate introduced like a new price being introduced on 1st June.

Expected Output - I want Alteryx to give me StartDate and Price of all the months that are equal or greater than FinancialYearStart if the condition does not fulfill then I want it  to give me the Maximum value of the StartDate prior to the Financia;YearStart.

CoG
13 - Pulsar

Are you looking for something like this?

Screenshot.png

MudgilNiket
5 - Atom

Thanks for sharing this solution, works great for me, tried with multiple scenarios as well.
Cheers!

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels