Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Dynamic Filters/Append/Join for multiple Criteria

PKoya
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I am attempting to create a mechanism where in I can apply as set of filters based on the rules which will be supplied by the business in below format. This can be applied on the attached dataset.

Rule #FlagFilter 1Filter 1 ItemsFilter 2Filter 2 ItemsFilter 3Filter 3 Items
1ReviewRegionWest, EastCategoryOffice Supplies  
2ReviewRegionSouthCategoryFurnitureSub-CategoryTables
3Strategy ReviewStateCalifornia, Florida, Washington, WisconsinCategoryFurnitureSub-CategoryTables, Chairs

There will be different number of Filters and each filter will have different items within it. For each row that meets a rule, the value for Flag under that rule will be added to that row.

So in case of Rule # 3, the filter I want to apply would be: ([State] = "California" OR [State] = "Florida" OR [State] = "Washington" OR [State] = "Wisconsin") AND [Category] = 'Furniture' AND ([Sub-Category] = "Tables" OR [Sub-Category] = "Chairs") and want to create a column called Flag which should have value Strategy Review.

However, for Rule # 1, the filter to apply would be ([Region] = "West" OR [Region] = "East") AND [Category] = 'Office Supplies' and the Flag column should have the value Review.

How can I add the Flag dynamically for each row?

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
messi007
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@PKoya,

Please see below how you can do it with union, filter and formula tools:

messi007_0-1629129668625.png

attached the workflow.

Hope this helps !

Regards

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @PKoya 

Here is how you can do it using if-else formula.

Workflow:

atcodedog05_0-1629131082115.png

Hope this helps : )

Labels