Alert: There is a planned Community maintenance outage October 16th from approximately 10 - 11 PM PST. During this time the Alteryx Community will be inaccessible. Thank you for your understanding!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Dups-best tool?

Hi2023
8 - Asteroid

Hi, 

What is the best tool to use to find multiple dups within columns in an excel report. I have to find 5 different types of dups, for example, find dup within ACE# column, then dups within ACE# & ACCT# columns, then ACE#, ACCT#, & AMT# columns. like diff layers of dups if that makes sense?

any suggestions?

thanks

2 REPLIES 2
KrishnaChithrathil
11 - Bolide

@Hi2023 

It would make more sense if you provide a sample input with random data and expected output screenshot. Others can understand the requirement more easily. I'm just sharing my thought 😀

Good day.!

apathetichell
19 - Altair

Cross column dupes or individual column dupes - ie is a dupe a duplicate value if the value occurs more than one time in a column or is it if the set of values occur more than one time in the data?

if it's the former - recordid. record id as key field transpose with the to be dedeuped columns as the transposed columns. summarize tool. group by record id/name/value - count value. filter count >=2. These are your dupes from the selected columns.

Labels