Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Drop down from excel column

Gbergero
7 - Meteor

I am a new user and have searched and read many post, but cannot seem to get a solution that works.

I have an excel list that I would like the user to select a value from a column. 

My sample excel data looks like:

Collector  Balance
Kermit      10.00
Grouch     20.00
Chef         1,000.00

I attached my test...I am getting all records even if I select just one when running as app.

If the user selects Kermit I would like the result to be only for Kermit.

Thank you for taking the time to review.

13 REPLIES 13
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Gbergero 

Can you please provide the input file so that we can run and look into the workflow. And help you out🙂

marcusblackhill
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Hey @Gbergero !

So, do you need to filter you data by the selection picked from the drop down list? Try this change in example if is that.

Hope that helps!

Gbergero
7 - Meteor

Please see attached.

Gbergero
7 - Meteor

I was unable to open because I am using version 2020.3.5.30242 and received an error

marcusblackhill
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Ok, try to open this attached now.

marcusmontenegro_0-1608297425973.png

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Gbergero 

On the same lines of @marcusblackhill 

atcodedog05_0-1608297497939.png

You can give this a check too. If required.

Gbergero
7 - Meteor

I was able to download and run as app, but the results window is blank except for headers.

Gbergero
7 - Meteor

That works!!!

Can you help me understand what I was missing?

Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@Gbergero 
Basically same with @marcusblackhill , just add one Unique tool in case multiple entries for one collector.

1218-Gbergero.PNG

Labels