Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Download "PUT" command

CSmith16
9 - Comet

Hello,

We have been facing an issue with our production environment for quite some time. We send outputs to a 3rd party SFTP site directly from our workflow using a download tool with the "PUT" command. Every so often we face an issue where say if an Alteryx run generates 15 output files, only 13-14 are sent. This causes us to have to re-run that particular unit again ad-hoc as these workflows run on a schedular. I have asked the 3rd party if they have received these files and I checked the site myself, but they do not receive it on their end. This process contains a few workflows that call each other once they are done running, the workflow we are looking at is our output workflow. We turn the data into a blob data type all in one cell, then it gets sent to our 3rd party SFTP as a .txt file.

Screenshot 2024-01-09 083101.png

Screenshot 2024-01-09 083124.png

4 REPLIES 4
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Are you sure there are 15 rows/files being fed into the Download tool? Do you know the config of the Download tool (ie timeout)? Have you identified anything specific about the missing files which may cause them to be filtered. This is pretty much impossible to fix without know the full worfklow and the type of data. I'd recommend reaching out to whoever built the workflow - and if they were a consultant - reaching out to another. My expectation is that unless you can self diagnose (ie these are the missing files - and they are missing because a) they timed out b) they were filtered somewhere etc...) - you will not able to diagnose.

One thing I would do is attach some kind of output data prior to the download tool - and write out a list of files you are sending to the download tool vs you think you are sending to the download tool...

CSmith16
9 - Comet

Thanks for the reply! I understand this is a big ask, I also created a support case as well to try and get some troubleshooting done. As for who built this, I am not entirely certain, but we can definitely see about looking into that. I will definitely look into creating an output for what was sent, love that idea actually as it adds some sort of check layer to the whole process. As for the filtering, I am not sure that it is because it creates an output on our network drive, that is the same file that should be sent over SFTP. But I will also look into increasing the timeout settings. Thanks again!

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Ca you confirm that all of the files are being output on your network drive via the same workflow? that's helpful info. I'd say if you can make the change to add an output of what's being sent to the download tool (ie filenames) and update the timeout - that shoudl help. beyond that is a bit hard. Someone will tell you install Fiddler and check the logs.

Btw - if you are outputting the files to the network drive - you can also use an SFTP scripting command via run command to send them from the network drive. (WinSCP is the usual friend here). For real SFTP (.ppk file included)  - that's usually the best solution and your infosec will be happier that you are using a private key file.

CSmith16
9 - Comet

@apathetichell The same workflow produces all the outputs. It creates the outputs then in a macro converts those into a blob then sends it to the sftp partner, and saves the outputs on our own archive location. Alteryx support has pointed us to Windows Event Logs but those have brought up nothing either, I am at a loss.

Labels