Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Download data from JSON Script

Mario36
8 - Asteroid

Hi Team,

I have the attached JSON script to download data from an API which I tested on postman and it worked. I have the authorization token ready but I am download data as I am not sure where and how to key in the attached JSON script. Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
apathetichell
19 - Altair

Your token is for authorization and goes in the header. What you've attached is the body and goes in the payload. this should be the same as Postman. You need to recreate the header authorization in the download tool. - then you can work on assembling the body in the payload. As has been pointed out by folks like me and @BrandonB numerous times - each download tool record is a separate request - so if you want to include a payload body like your attached .txt file - that entire thing goes in one field - in ONE record.

Mario36
8 - Asteroid

So, I used the JSON Field and JSON Build tools to prepare my data for the JSON Download payload body, But this seems to be erroring out. Am I missing something or doing an incorrect step ?

Mario36_0-1677126696876.png

apathetichell
19 - Altair

Here's how you get your json into your payload - usually the bulk of your api work is with authentication - just be forewarned that that is usually more complicated.

Mario36
8 - Asteroid

Thank you

This helps

Labels