Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Displaying only a particular value from a column

keeprollin
7 - Meteor

My original dataset looks very similar to the sample dataset attached in the workflow. I'm also listing it below:

IdNameCountry Department
1RonUSHR
2JohnUSHR
2JohnUSIT
2JohnUSIT
3KellyUSIT
3KellyUSIT
4DaveUSSales
4DaveUSIT
4DaveUSIT
4DaveUSMarketing
5NoraUSIT

I want to display the names of those employees who have worked only in the IT department. For example, John has worked in both HR and IT, so I would want to exclude his name from my output. Initially I thought of using group by, concatenating the columns country and department and then applying a filter but that does not seem to be a good solution. What should another approach be?

Based on the above example, my output should look something like the table below:

IdNameCountry Department
3KellyUSIT
3KellyUSIT
5NoraUSIT
4 REPLIES 4
JagdeeshN
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Hi @keeprollin ,

Please find attached a sample workflow. This is one way of doing it. The other way would be using regex.

Hope this helps.

Best,

Jagdeesh

apathetichell
19 - Altair

My way was identical to @JagdeeshN - That's the fastest way I can think of doing it.

keeprollin
7 - Meteor

Yes, that was my initial thought as a potential solution which I have mentioned in the post. However, I was just wondering if there was other approach to it instead of summarizing and concatenating. 

apathetichell
19 - Altair

2021-08-10.pngOh - I guess our approaches were a bit different.

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels