Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Different Results with Different Output File

markalves
8 - Asteroid

I was trying to validate the workflow that I created, and I noticed that the data was summing things weird.  I couldn't see anything wrong with the formulas or workflow, so I changed the output to a blank excel file.  When I did this my workflow summed everything perfectly. For some reason the output file that I need it to overwrite to changes formulas in some odd way.  Why would changing the output file give me different results?  Its just an output file...

markalves_1-1628034321081.png

2 REPLIES 2
Luke_C
17 - Castor

Can you be a bit more specific? Were the results of the summarize tool different or are you referring to formulas in the file you're trying to overwrite? Are you able to post mock data that reproduces the issue?

markalves
8 - Asteroid

Turns out that there must have been something that corrupted the file that I wanted to use as output.  I used an earlier version and mapped everything to that version and it worked well.  Definitely strange though.  I wouldn't think that changing a workflows output would give me different results. 

Labels