Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Delete/remove specific rows

OOIWJ
7 - Meteor

How do I delete all the rows that contain:

For example: a column with "text here..." or Null under column C?

Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5
rzdodson
12 - Quasar

@OOIWJ: something like this should help you out. Change out the "Test" field for the field you want to filter.

01. Solution.png

Prometheus
12 - Quasar

@OOIWJ You can use the Filter tool to remove records that don't meet the criteria you specify.

Filter certain text and nulls input.PNG

Filter certain text and nulls.PNG

OOIWJ
7 - Meteor

I have unique things to delete, but the current method suggested would mean I need to filter many times?

Kindly see image for my example of what I want to remove. Context: General ledger

rzdodson
12 - Quasar

@OOIWJ; those were the requirements in the OP.

I would suggest you dynamically remove these records you don't want through the usage of an analytical app (see attached). It'll ultimately mitigate the number of filters you are needing.

Prometheus
12 - Quasar

@OOIWJ You can configure your Input Data tool to skip any number of lines by changing the number on "Start Data Import on Line" in the tool configuration. This is especially helpful when inputting a report with headers. I used the Data Cleansing tool after that to remove null columns, then used the Dynamic Rename tool to rename all the fields with the first row of data. I finished the workflow off by renaming "VOUCHER" to "VOUCHER NUMBER".

Input with headers config.PNG

Remove Null Cols.PNG

Rename Fields.PNG

Rename Voucher.PNG

Labels