Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Date Range Formula Filter YTD

pennyra
5 - Atom

I am trying to create a dynamic YTD filter for my data based on the calendar year (beginning Jan. 1). 

if today >= 11th of the month, then filter YTD - Prev Month

Else if today <=10th of the month, YTD - 2 Prev Months

Thanks in advance for your help. 

5 REPLIES 5
DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @pennyra 

Have a look at the worfklow below.

I've assumed that you want start of year to last day of previous month minus either 1 or 2 months.

Let me know if this is incorrect and I can adjust the formula.

Based on this you can use a filter tool for formula [Date]>=[Start Date] AND [Date]<= [End Date]

DavidP_0-1597328326710.png

CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Good stuff as always, @DavidP 

I too would suggest preparing a min and max date fields that can be used for filtering the data. Just to throw out an alternative, I understood the max date a bit differently. Here's the expression I came up with:

IF ToNumber(DateTimeFormat(DateTimeToday(),"%d"))>=11
THEN
DateTimeAdd(DateTimeFirstOfMonth(),-1,"day")
ELSE
DateTimeAdd(DateTimeAdd(DateTimeFirstOfMonth(),-1,"day") ,-1,"month")
ENDIF

Since today is the 13th, it'll put the end date as the last day of last month (2020-07-31) by going back one day from the first of the current month. Otherwise, if this were 4 days ago, it would have returned a month before that (2020-06-30). 

DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Ah yes @CharlieS, I was in two minds. Just realised that there is a vital typo in my formula anyway, 

if DateTimeDay([DateTimeNow])<=10 then ...

pennyra
5 - Atom

Thank you so much for the quick response - I was able to make this work with a formula and filter tool. 

pennyra_0-1597419265680.png

pennyra
5 - Atom

Thank you so much for the help! 

Labels