Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Database not connecting for saved OBDC input

adamweaver39
9 - Comet

I am trying to understand the limitations of setting up an OBDC input for a workflow -- I am able to configure the input correctly if I set it up directly to the OBDC driver, but Alteryx doesn't seem to manage a reference to my saved input (configured under Options>Advanced>Manage Data Connections).

Including reference images and would really appreciate any insights as to what I am missing on setting up a saved input configuration:

Image 1 -- data connection that works

Image 2 + 3 -- 'Saved' data connection that does not work

Image 4 -- Reference to saved OBDC input (configured under Options>Advanced>Manage Data Connections).

2 REPLIES 2
cpet13
10 - Fireball

@adamweaver39 instead of using that route (Options => Advance => Manage Data Connections) try setting the connection using File => Mange Connections.

apathetichell
19 - Altair

What verison Alteryx are you on? I don't know where that AKA is coming from and why you are seeing that. The Options => Advance =>Manage In-DB is my preferred way and works fine for named connection on either Input data or In-DB.

Labels