Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Data population from a table/dataset into multiple excel template for each transaction

bperiasw
Atome

Hi Everyone,

I have a requirement to pull a data set from a table (which is more straight forward in Alteryx) and populate data in an existing Excel template into specific cells with the respective sheet. Also generate multiple sheets within the excel file for each record from the data set.

Have anyone done Alteryx workflows for similar kind of requirement and any pointer would be much appreciated. 

Input data:

bperiasw_0-1646922247472.png

Output blank template in which data to be populated: 

bperiasw_1-1646922307370.png

Sample Outputs:

Data1 - Sheet1

bperiasw_2-1646922335011.png

Data2 - Sheet2

bperiasw_3-1646922358603.png

1 RÉPONSE 1
DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @bperiasw 

The way I would do it is to essentially get your data into a format where you can write to one cell at a time. Since you know what the location is of each cell that you need to write to, you can specify this with the Output Data tool. So you want your data to look something like this:

DavidP_0-1647274314870.png

Note how I created a one by one cell range for each value and created a file path with filename, sheetname and the cell range for each value.

No you can simply remove all other columns, keeping only the Value field and the fullpath and use the output data tool to write all the values to their respective locations.

DavidP_1-1647274557858.png

A few things to note:

Check Option 5 "Skip field names"

Check "Take File/Table Name from Field"

Select "Change entire file path"

Select Fullpath as the field to use

Uncheck "Keep Field in Output"

I attache the example workflow

Sondage
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Étiquettes