Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Cross reference based on multiple columns

l_blumberger
7 - Meteor

Hi, 

As in the example below, I have table 1 with ID numbers of visitors and the pattern of stores they visited and table 2 with the distance between every combination of stores.

Table 1:

IDStore
1a
1b
1c
1a

Table 2:

RowIDOriginDestinationDistance
1aa50
2ab40
3ac100
4ad70

I need to add the distances from table 2 into table 1 depending on the patterns of stores visited. Ideally, the resulting table would like:

IDOriginDestinationDistance
1ab40
1bc60
1ca100

I may need to do some rearranging of table 1 and something like a vlookup to reference table 2, but I am unsure of the best method to use. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
jgo
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @l_blumberger,

Would the attached workflow solve what you're trying to accomplish?

JohnJPS
15 - Aurora

Not sure this is "correct" but I attached a workflow which:

• Uses a MultiRow formula to generate the "Dest" column based on the following row's store (grouped by ID)
  • Generates a lookup key based on translating "b to a" to "a to ba" based on a < b, (so the join will work if Orig is "b" and Dest is "a")

Then just joins... hope it helps!

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels