Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Creating a macro

Komal_
7 - Meteor

Hello Everyone,

I have a below use case and the result am trying to build - 

USECASE - 

1. Build a macro, which should filter input data (below is how my input data sample), based on the options selected from drop down using drop down interface tool

FILED_NMFILED_VALINPUT_QUERY
COUNTRYINDIASLEECT * from abc.xyz;
EXCHNAGEINDIAN EXCHANGESLECTE * from abc.cde;

2. If in the drop down I select EXCHANGE, then the dynamic input tool must read the INPUT_QUERY and fetch me the data from respective table (e.g. SLEECT * from abc.cde, if EXCHANGE is selected and SELECT * from abc.xyz, if COUNTRY is selected)

3. Below is the structure of both the tables - 

SELECT * from abc.xyz - 

ABC_COUNTRY_NAMEABC_COUNTRY_CODEDATENAME
INDIAIN  
AFGANISTANAF  
ALBANIAAL  

SELECT * from abc.cde-

ABC_EXCHANGE_NAMESIDGROUP
INDIA EXCHANGE  
AFGANISTHAN_EXCHANGE  

4. In case of any selection (whether COUNTRY or EXCHANGE), the table columns which contains "ABC" in their filed name must be renamed to FILED_VAL and the data from Input data FIELD_VAL should be joined and looked up with tables "FILED_VAL"

5. Once this macro is build, this would be used in another analytical app or workflow, where the input data would change but the same functionality should be performed.

Request if anyone could help me develop this.

Thanks in advance,

Komal

0 REPLIES 0
Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels