Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Create copies of template file based on data in source files -

aehrenwo
11 - Bolide

I have a batch process I am developing that needs to result in different copies of a template file in the final folder based on the value in a certain field called "FileName"  in source files that are being used as a configuration file. 

The reason I need this is because the template excel  file already has an existing pivot table on the first tab that is connected to the raw data on the second tab called "Data". The workflow is overwriting the "Data" tab with the most current information from the output of the workflow. 

Multiple template copies might occur from each source file (there could be many different FileName values in the that field. 

Is there any easy way to do this? That data sets I am working with are fairly large but I am just trying to figure out if creating the shell files to overwrite the data sheet would be easier to accomplish with bat windows file. 

Adam

2 REPLIES 2
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus
When I have a need for an excel template I use a run command to copy a template. I put the output from the copy to an append fields tool with no data selected. This is attached to an early data process.

This way the excel template is copied to the target directory before it is needed. Maybe this technique will work for you.
Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
aehrenwo
11 - Bolide

I have .bat file that I created that will do the necessary copy for me.. I just can't figure out how to get Alteryx  to run in as part of (one step of ) a Conditional Runner workflow. 

Any suggestions? 

Labels