Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Copy Files Workflow

KagenB
6 - Meteoroid

Hello!

I am attempting to build a workflow that will copy files from one location to another on a daily basis. I have built the below simple workflow and it seems to work fine in copying file names but not the actual file themselves. When I open the output file the only contents are the file name itself. Any thoughts on refining this workflow would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

KagenB_0-1616003084245.png

14 REPLIES 14
bobpeers
9 - Comet

You're welcome, glad you worked it out 😎

jennydavis
6 - Meteoroid

Hi all- have any of yall gotten the file-copy-move to work from a gallery and moving from a network drive to SharePoint? I put in an email at the end of my workflow to let me know if it was successful. When I run it from my desktop it works perfectly, but I had the tool installed on the Gallery, but when I run the workflow from the gallery it cannot find the path specified...  Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Jenny

BuckeyeJane2
5 - Atom

Any chance this tool has been upgraded to be used on the Server?

And/or is there another way to copy files using Alteryx UNC files?

amirsemsar
8 - Asteroid

Alternatively this is another great use case for python: 

from ayx import Alteryx
import shutil
import os
import pandas as pd

def archiving(a):
    source=a['filepath'].tolist()
    destination=a['destination'].iloc[0]
    destination=destination.replace('\\','/')
    source=[shutil.copy(each,destination) for each in source]
    dicty={"newfiles":[destination+os.path.basename(each) for each in source]}
    output=pd.DataFrame.from_dict(dicty)
    Alteryx.write(output,1)

df=Alteryx.read("#1")
archiving(df)
adoen17
9 - Comet

Hi, I dont know if anyone is here, but I have a question, I want to use the new file copy in the new path, I already think in use dynamic input but I have a mistake in configuration, I dont know if someone in any other moments already try it

adoen17_0-1681484622436.png

Labels