Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Connecting between Row data and Column Data

Nicole-L
7 - Meteor

Good Morning all, 

I have joined two data sets on (Rota Name/Shift) and I would now like to match the data in (Day) to match the shift time in the columns (Monday-Sunday) losing the rest of the data in the days that do not match. 

E.g, on the First row the day is Monday and I would like to create a column (Shift Time) that pulls the data from (Monday) to show 08:00-16:15. 

Annotation 2024-08-02 103541.png

Any suggestions are welcome :)

Thank you

Nicole 

3 REPLIES 3
Raj
16 - Nebula

@Nicole-L 
you can transpose the data use filter tool and you will have the required output

hope this helps.
if you are looking for the flow please add sample data will be in better position to help more.

Nicole-L
7 - Meteor

Good Morning Raj, 

Please see attached sample data, if you can assist with the flow that would be great. 

Thank you

Nicole

Raj
16 - Nebula

@Nicole-L 
please find the workflow attached
hope this helps

if you are looking at something else please add a sample output snip of same data will help with chnages.

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels