Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Conditional filtering

noopurjain
8 - Asteroid

Hello All,

I want to create a workflow where amount less than $100 should be filtered out only if it is less than $100
for all the rows where key and code combination is same.

I want yellow highlighted rows in output.

6 REPLIES 6
T_Willins
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Hi @noopurjain,

This is pretty common in Alteryx workflows.  A Summarize tool is used to group the data by the desired fields and the amount is summed by those groupings.  The summarized data is then Joined back to the original data on the grouped by fields after which a Filter tool can be used to get to the desired results.  If needed the summed amount field can be removed from the results by using a Select tool (not shown).

Conditional Filtering.png

noopurjain
8 - Asteroid

@T_Willins Thanks! But I am not sure if it will work in case I have multiple occurrence of key and code. For example in this case if I have 10 rows with same key (ABC), code (DEF) and $20 amount for each.

Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@noopurjain 
Maybe you can provide a sample output so we can better understand the question here.

T_Willins
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Hi @noopurjain,

Do you want to include or exclude the rows with the same key and code for $20 each?  This workflow would include these rows as the sum of the rows would be $200 and would be in the True anchor of the Filter tool.  If this is different than what you are looking for, please provide further clarification.

noopurjain
8 - Asteroid

Please find the example in attached sheet.

I want to exclude rows where amount is less than 100 for each and every occurrence of same key and code combination.

noopurjain
8 - Asteroid

@Qiu Here is the sample output.

Labels