Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Condensing Entries based on name and other value

ltensmeyer
8 - Asteroid

Hopefully this makes sense. So I have to read in an excel sheet that will have information similar to this:

NAME                 ENROLLED

Ethan KirkTRUE
Ethan KirkFALSE
Ethan KirkFALSE
Daniel HigginsFALSE
Miranda DoverTRUE
Miranda Dover

FALSE

What I need is to condense each person down to only one entry. What I need to do is scan over repeated names, and if any of that person's enrollments is "TRUE" then I need to make a single entry with their name and "TRUE" enrollment. If they only have "FALSE" entries, I need to create a single entry with "FALSE" enrollment.

I know this is probably possible with a multi-row formula but I'm not quite sure how to do that.

5 REPLIES 5
ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @ltensmeyer - Here is a possible solution:

ArtApa_0-1677709026346.png

ltensmeyer
8 - Asteroid

Exactly what I was looking for. Thank you!

ltensmeyer
8 - Asteroid

@ArtApa I do have other columns with information that will be the same in each entry in them (birthdays, address, etc.) Any idea on how to also keep those in the end product?

ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

@ltensmeyer - Most likely if you will add Group By in the first Summarize, it will work.

ltensmeyer
8 - Asteroid

@ArtApa Perfect. Thank you!

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels