Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Concatenating Fields in Email Tool

Brett_A
5 - Atom

Hey guys, I am a newbie with Alteryx and I have a workflow where I am creating a concatenated field that I am trying to include in the middle of an email's body separated by newlines. It is a list of website links generated based on IDs. I am able to create individual hyperlinks using the concatenate tool, but they all appear on the same line in the body of the email.

I have seen solutions involving tables that I can't get to work as throwing the data into a table removes all of the formatting that I have created for the body of the email. In the examples I have seen, they WANT the table format as the body of the email, and that is NOT what I am looking for - I want a standard email body with a list of websites on new lines. 

Is there any way to have Concat_link concatenate properly in the middle of an email's body with newlines? Or am I perhaps misunderstanding how to use the table method?

The example I have attached will generate the 4 individual hyperlinks that work when placed in the body of the email, but the newline is not picked up by the email tool. The browse tool shows exactly what I am trying to achieve in the correct formatting.

Here are the solutions involving Tables:

community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Working-with-wanted-line-breaks-and-the-Table-...

community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/Email-Tool-not-recognizing-newlines-in-conc...

4 REPLIES 4
JoaoLeiteV
10 - Fireball

Hello @Brett_A,

I came across this post that might help you out. If this doesn't work, there's also this one.

Let me know if they'll work out for you! I had the idea to add a "<br>" at the end of the concatenate link, as HTML reads it as a new line, but I don't know if that would work.

Brett_A
5 - Atom

Thanks for looking into this - both of those unfortunately have the same problem of wanting the format to stay as a table. The email tool recognizes the newlines when put through the table tool, but having the body of the email be a table wouldn't look great for what I'm trying to do.

I have tried <br> as well but the email tool ignores it.

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@Brett_A You should be able to use the regex_replace trick to replace the newline character with an html line break character <br />

REGEX_Replace([Body],"(\n)+","<br />")

Then it comes through as expected in an email when I tested it:

patrick_digan_0-1626283542099.png

Hope that helps!

Brett_A
5 - Atom

That worked perfectly, thank you! Guess I was too focused on the Table part of those solutions haha.

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels