Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Comparing two files and Spot differences

DataPirate26
10 - Fireball

Hi, 

I am comparing two files and need to spot the differences. The desired output needs to have colour highlighting as attached in the excel sheet.

For any New Client added it needs to be highlighted in Green.

For differences spot the Cell needs to be highlighted in Yellow which has the difference data 

Client Removed in the new file it needs to be highlighted in RED. 

below attached is the sample workflow and the desired Output File ( Difference.xlsx)

9 REPLIES 9
messi007
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@DataPirate26,

Please see below :

messi007_0-1652169906849.png

Attached the workflow,

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Mokhtar.

DataPirate26
10 - Fireball

@messi007 Thanx for your response. But the challenge is the two files has 18 tabs each and all of them needs to be compared. In that case can we have a more dynamic solution.

messi007
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@DataPirate26,

You can union the files and then use the same process to compare.

Below how you can read multiple tabs : https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/How-To-Import-Multiple-Excel-Sheets... 

Hope this helps!

Regards,

DataPirate26
10 - Fireball

@messi007 The issue is not with unioning the Files. I have created a batch macro and I am able to read all tab data. from both the files. But how to take each field individually and then compare one by one. That would take a lot of time I guess. Can we not have a more dynamic solution which will compare the entire data at once. 

Also I will have to split the dataset into 5 separate outputs which again have sub tabs in them and all of them have different headers but the colour  logic will apply for all of them. 

messi007
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@DataPirate26,

Here you go :

messi007_0-1652192593778.png

Attached the new workflow,

Regards

DataPirate26
10 - Fireball

@messi007 I have 18 tabs for both Files and Each tabs in an average have 10 fields. In that case it would be difficult to compare each field one by one and This isn't working also. Also the Output need to splitted into 5 different Output files. 

sulebraimah
7 - Meteor

I am fairly new to alteryx, i am needing help. I currently have a vba nacros excel built by someone who no longer works in my department. we update some rules on a weekly basis and at the end of the excerise we pull the updated rules from SAP and use vba macros to compare the requested update and the global list, macros currently returns the attached picture. but the problem is, it doesnt recognize underscore and numbers, i am looking to use alteryx for the same thing. is there anyone who can help.

sulebraimah_1-1660586503439.png

sulebraimah
7 - Meteor

so basically the end product i need is for alteryx to spit compare the rules i added to the list after adding them with each field added coming back as either match, deleted , or mistake. The headers im comparing are in the picture below

sulebraimah_2-1660587306667.png

aurzuao
6 - Meteoroid

This should be the response

Labels