Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Compare columns from multiple sources and replacing null fields

jeet_shah94
5 - Atom

Hello Team,

My aim is to compare two sources and given priority to source1. Wherever the data in source 1 is null then we need to bring data from source2. Here the catch is we have duplicate IDs in same source which reduces the count as it groups the data when doing cross tab while comparing the 2 sources. I have attached the excel which highlights the 2 sources and the expected output. 

Alteryx.JPG

5 REPLIES 5
Raj
16 - Nebula

PFA

jeet_shah94
5 - Atom

Thanks Raj for your solution. But there is a slight change in the request, we don't have the data sorted or aligned as per the ID column. Thus the logic of creating a RecordID and creating a transpose on it won't work. Could you please suggest any other way? Thanks in advance.

apathetichell
19 - Altair

is your nth entry in id - always supposed to cross match to the nth entry in id? If not - how do you know which 123 to join against cross table?

jeet_shah94
5 - Atom

No the nth entry don't match between sources and if we join on ID column it creates duplicate rows as it is one to many or many to many rows joined. Thus need a solution to tackle this.

apathetichell
19 - Altair

this is what I'd try.

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels