Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Combine Point in time DBF file with a Live DSN database with uncommon field names

gpressling
5 - Atom

Hi,

I am trying to combine a point in time AR data file with 6 million rows, that contains Document numbers, to a live database that contains SOME matching Accounting Doc numbers but has many more rows 57 million than the point in time database file, to try to see what items from the point in time data set have been cleared in the live database.

I want to keep all of the Point in time Document numbers (so that I can tie back to the original dataset totals), and match them with an Accounting document number from the Live database (if there is one) and if not, I still want the point in time rows, I just want the Live dataset match to come back null or all 0's, or some indicator that the point in time Document number was not found in the Live database.

Does anyone know a way to do this? Point in time Document number = Accounting Document number from Live dataset, however, when I use the join tool, the unmatching records get eliminated. I want to keep all of the Point in time records. I have read about a left/ right outer join, and I feel like that is what I want, I just cant get it to happen in my workflow.

Hopefully some of you very smart people can help!

2 REPLIES 2
geraldo
13 - Pulsar

@gpressling 

I already try to do this with union in front

21b6dfd7-2bd3-4067-921b-36dfc96b97d2.jpg

gpressling
5 - Atom

Thanks Geraldo! I have this in my workflow, I think this works!

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels