Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Can't write/access excel files with multiple tabs -and crew macro doesn't work

ck2024
9 - Comet

I have the Crew macros in place and up until recently if I used the parellel block until done I was able to write to an Excel tab, and then it would go on to the next anchor to allow it to write to another tab in the same file.  However, nowadays I am getting the error 

Output Data (215) Unable to open file for write: ... The process cannot access the file because another process has locked a portion of the file. (33)

Example image.jpg

 The only solution I can use is to use the Crew Macro wait a second, but the issue here is that instead of waiting a second it takes like ten minutes to run a process that runs in seconds if i write each tab individually by connecting and deleting each anchor in turn.  

I can't use the block until done because the tabs are feeding off one join tool - or at least i think that's the case unless someone has a solution!

I can't share the workflow as it is sensitve data

Thanks

Cass

11 REPLIES 11
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

no problem.gif

Bulien

EdP
Alteryx
Alteryx

Additional suggestions can be found here:  https://knowledge.alteryx.com/index/s/article/Error-writing-Excel-file-to-Shared-Drive

Ed Phelps
Sr CSE
Alteryx
Labels