Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Attach the original files to output (Keep formatting)

Jackf99
7 - Meteor

I have a folder of files that my program goes through. I want my program to attach the original files to each output file that is created (Separate output file for each input file). I also want to keep the formatting the same as in the excel file. Is there a simple way to do this? I know it is simple with 1 input file using a blob tool but I cant figure out how to do it with a folder of files. The output file name should be 'DR'+[Current file name].

2 REPLIES 2
perin
7 - Meteor

Hello @Jackf99 

You can use your blob rule inside a macro, this way you can apply the solution multiple times depending on your input files.

Best,

Gustavo.

Jackf99
7 - Meteor

I tried what you suggested but I think I messed up somewhere along the way. I don't have much experience with macros, can you check out my workflows. The temp workflow is what the macro workflow is supposed to be, the Attach Original macro is the macro I created. The Attach Original workflow is how the macro is used in the workflow.

Labels