Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

CReW Macro Wildcard XLSX Input: Specify sheets to be included

haraldharders
9 - Comet

Wildcard XLSX Input needs a list of sheets to be excluded. While this is useful in many cases, it would frequently be better if we could specify the list of sheets to be included, instead:

haraldharders_0-1668414069342.png

I would like to propose this enhancement. 

2 REPLIES 2
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@haraldharders ,

Thank you for your suggestion.  While my friend @Joe_Mako authored this macro, I'd be happy to zoom with you and record a YouTube video on how to modify the macro to suit your needs.  If you PM me that you're willing to get your fingers dirty, I'll send you a link to setup a meeting with me.  We can modify a version of the macro to include/exclude.

RADIO BUTTON (INCLUDE or EXCLUDE) - One choice only.  

Currently there is a JOIN where only the RIGHT (not-EXCLUDED) Sheet Names move forward.  We can UNION the results from the JOIN and from the RIGHT.  On each of these connectors (between the JOIN and the UNION) we can place a SAMPLE tool with 0 records sampled.  When the exclusion or inclusion feature is enabled, we will reset the value for the desired data to a  very large number.

I think that should solve the ask.

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
haraldharders
9 - Comet

@MarqueeCrew ,

that sounds like a good idea. However, I'm rather interested in a solution which is included in the CReW macro package rather than generating a local modified copy which separates me from further improvements on this macro. So if we do the modification together and the CReW macros are updated accordingly, I am happy to contribute.

Best regards

Harald

Labels