Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

CREATE AN ANAPLAN API TO ALTERYX

Peka235923
7 - Meteor

Hi Everyone, 

i have some questions about create an API (ANAPLAN to Alteryx). 

Currently, we are using CSv extractions of our data and we are exploiting these files on alteryx, the extractions take much long time, I want to set up an API key that sends this data directly without doing the export. Has anyone ever managed to create an API from anaplan to Alteryx ?

Thank you

Peka

12 REPLIES 12
andrew-gandara
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@apathetichell 

You do NOT need SSO enabled in your organization to use the new connector. The connector only supports Username/Password authentication currently. 

If your organization does use SSO, they'll need to set you up as an SSO Exception User in Anaplan, so you can go around the SSO authentication.

Hope that helps clarify!

@

andrew-gandara
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@Peka235923 

Your Basic tab looks good. However, don't send your URL 2 in the payload tab. You shouldn't need to send a payload to get the list of exports available. See this example in the Anaplan API documentation.

andrewgandara_0-1647880745197.png

The missing thing is likely your content-type.

1. Create a new column in alteryx called "Content-Type".
  2. Make it a string with the value of "application/json"
  3. Check that on your headers tab

Your headers tab should have two items checked, the Authentication field and the Content-Type field.

Peka235923
7 - Meteor

Hi andrew, 

thank you very much, i think i'am very close, i'am on step where i want to export data (on anaplan the export was an csv file), but i have an error message i couldn't get my data, i used this documentation from anaplan :  https://anaplan.docs.apiary.io/#/reference/export

any idea if it's possible? 

Peka235923_0-1647893368758.png

Peka235923_3-1647893498164.png

Peka235923_1-1647893391443.png

Peka235923_2-1647893416770.png

Labels