Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Batch Macro with field map

florijn
7 - Meteor

Hi

Maybe a very simple question. I tried to duplicate a batch macro (multiplication example in the community). After I checked Show Field Map, I did not find the Field name I can select in the Questions tab. Here is the screenshot.

field_name.PNG

How should I configure to show a Field Map in the Questions tab, like the following in the example. What did I miss in the configuration?

example_fieldname.PNG

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@florijn 
the selection will be done at the workflow sde, not the macro side.

Untitled1.png

messi007
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@florijn,

Once you call the macro you map you batch question:

messi007_0-1608716989521.png

Hope that Helps,

Rgards

florijn
7 - Meteor

@Qiu 

workflow.PNG

I replicated the workflow, but again I did not see the question for the field map and the workflow gave me a error message. Attached is the workflow and macro files. Can you advise in details how to figure it out?

florijn
7 - Meteor

@messi007 

workflow.PNG

I can see the question for control parameter, but not the question for field map as the error message. The field name was changed in the workflow for numbers to be multiplied, so I checked the box for field map in the macro. How to figure out the error? Attached is the workflow.

Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@florijn 

The fomula Tool in your Macro shall be in the format of numeric then you map the field.

Batch macro1.PNGBatch macro2.PNG

florijn
7 - Meteor

That's right. Do you know the reason why Field Result must be numberic, not string?

Thanks

Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@florijn 

You are doing a numeric calculation in the formula tool.

A ToString Function is required if you want String.

Qiu_0-1608773971391.png

Labels