Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Batch Macro Internal Error - can't find a solution

JoeApples
5 - Atom

Hi All - I am getting an "internal error" on my batch macro that I cannot seem to solve, and I am not sure if it has been solved before.  

JoeApples_1-1676287717940.png

For context, I am batching 18 files that should have the same schematics. I am using a macro to read in the sheet names and append the sheet name to the file path: 

"folder\excel.xlsx|||Results_Detail"

However I am getting an internal error. I saw a previous thread in the community that was left unsolved which talked about this same error. It mentioned to try and add a dynamic input tool to get a better description, and that error says it cannot find the files. However... when I can load the files into my batch macro so i know it can be found. Further in the action tool of my batch match... if I replace the file - value, it gives me the error. If I click to replace the full string I get the same error. 

By playing around, if I replace the string from: 

.xlsx|||`Results_Detail$`

to 

.xlsx|||Results_Detail

the macro will batch the first file 18 times and removes the error. However, all other batch macros I have built have always had that same sheet name convention of a UC.xlsx|||`Results_Detail$`

Any help would be appreciated

1 REPLY 1
binuacs
21 - Polaris

@JoeApples Would you be able to share your macro input file configuration? 

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels