Alert: There is a planned Community maintenance outage October 16th from approximately 10 - 11 PM PST. During this time the Alteryx Community will be inaccessible. Thank you for your understanding!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Bar Chart

MD2050
8 - Asteroid

Hello Everyone - 

We are seeking some direction to to build a graph shown in the 1st snippet below using the (deprecated) charting tool , data is on the left side of the chart. Apparently , we cannot use (I guess) a TEXT field  under series, also tried to convert the string to a number with no success - we would need the actual machine names (A,B,C, etc. is for illustrations purposes). I am adding my workflow which I tried to work with , second snippet below shows my progress what we are missing is the "Date" layer we could add to X-axis to show what is depicted in 1st snippet. Thank you in advance. M

MD2050_1-1668136225744.png

MD2050_2-1668136987345.png

3 REPLIES 3
gautiergodard
13 - Pulsar

Hey @MD2050 

hard to tell as I’m looking at this from my phone, however firstly, it looks like you need to cleanse the date field so you have a value in every cell. 

then I think you’ll want to use the “split”  functionality in order to group the machines by dates like in your first graph. 

it’s possible you might need to add a new layer to do this. 

gautiergodard
13 - Pulsar

Hey @MD2050 

Is it a requirement to use the old charting tool?

I've included a couple alternative solutions using the new interactive chart in the event they can be useful.

gautiergodard_0-1668171321393.png

MD2050
8 - Asteroid

Hello @gautiergodard -

Thank you very much for your solution. We have an older Alteryx version (2019.3) on both desktop application and server and for some reason I thought there will be a compatibility issue while deploying the workflow with new IC tool, I just finished testing the same and it worked - so I think we should be good with this solution.

Thank you very much again for finding time to help us. 

MD

Labels