Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Average of values that are no more 10% apart from each other

miguelpdv
5 - Atom

Hello to all, sorry if this is a newbie question, but I'm just entering into the Alteryx world.

I need to calculate the "Filtered average" from five values, according to the following conditions:

• Values that are more than 10% apart the from others shall not be averaged.
  • Nulls must be ingnored
  • Values outside a range must be ignored, for example average values only if 0<Averaged value<100
  • A quality index is desirable, where 5 values were used to calculate the average the quality is 5 and a quality of 0 would be assigned when no values met the criteria (no values were used for the average).

To better illustrate the problem, here are some examples:

miguelpdv_0-1604019171259.png

The problem would be relatively easy to solve using formulas and temporay variables, however as far as I can see, there is no way to use temporary variables into a formula. Maybe there is a very simple way to solve this with Alteryx but I'm failing to see it.

Thank you for your help.

3 REPLIES 3
Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@miguelpdv 
Hope this is what you what. Use the Median to get the "middle" value in the list of value.

Appreciate if you would mark it as accepted if you think this works for you.

1030-miguelpdv.PNG

miguelpdv
5 - Atom

Well, that was quick! Many thanks Qiu!.

I will struggle a bit to fully understand the solution but clearly the results are correct.

Thank you for showing me that this is a great and helpful community.

Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@miguelpdv 
Thank you for the mark also.

Have a good day!

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels