Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Assigning different identifiers based on Row-1

carterfleming
8 - Asteroid

I'm trying to assign GL account numbers based on what is contained in the row above a specific line. See screenshot for example, I've scrubbed my company's info out of it but the premise is the same. The first table shown is the current state of my workflow and the second table is what I'm trying to do. I need to change the GL column of the [Null] rows to specific GL accounts based on the GL account above it. For example, "if the above row's GL column is '123.2' then '361.1'" and on and on until all the [Null] rows have a GL column identifier assigned.

carterfleming_0-1681130094341.png

4 REPLIES 4
PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Could you use the MultiRow Tool to add the previous two records together?

The formula would be,

if isnull([GL]) 
then [Row-2:GL] + [Row-1:GL]
else [GL]
endif

Example attached

carterfleming
8 - Asteroid

The formula isn't an addition of the two rows above it. Maybe I used a bad example, but there are specific GL numbers that I need to assign. 

carterfleming
8 - Asteroid

Nevermind, I can use @PhilipMannering Multi Row formula and then add a Formula tool on the end to get what I want with if statements. Thanks!

PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Let me know if it doesn't work, and we can figure out another solution.

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels