Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Appending Data - No Duplicate or Data Repetitions

KamenRider
11 - Bolide

Hi,

I have a workflow and I am working with two files. I am appending the data to the other existing file which is the "time_mist_analysis". The only problem I have is that when I run the workflow twice, it creates a duplicates. And when I delete the duplicates and run it again, it created another duplicates with blank spaces in between.

Can someone help me by providing me a workflow that will avoid this kind of dilemma.

Attaching excel files for your reference. The data is coming from "time_mist 20240822". 

Hope to hear from anyone,

Kamen

3 REPLIES 3
binuacs
21 - Polaris
KamenRider
11 - Bolide

Hi @binuacs 

Thanks for the response. I was able to mimic your workflow but received an error when I attempt to open the excel file.

alt error.PNG

alt error1.PNG

Are you appending the data to the original file or you are creating a new file? The requirements provided to us is to append it to the time analysis file.

Please advise.

Kamen

binuacs
21 - Polaris

@KamenRider it is not append, if you append and run second time then the duplicate will come , so I union the data and removed the duplicate and writing to the analysis tab using the over write option . Check the workflow I sent you was working for you or not ?

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels