Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Alteryx intelligence suite

Khalisaaliyeva
7 - Meteor

Hi everyone,

I have an issue while using computer version tool in Alteryx. My case is to extract data from an image which  is an identification card. There are some information on identification card. For instance Surname,Name,Birthday, Expire date, ID code and etc. I have some inconveniences when select the parts of image on image template tool. In my point of view Alteryx supports only the same size and format of images. If the parts and size of images which we selected before doesn't overlap other pictures,an outcome will be cluttered 

How can I handle this issue?

2 REPLIES 2
gautiergodard
13 - Pulsar

Hello @Khalisaaliyeva 

This is a frequently seen problem when performing OCR tasks with various degrees of image standardization.

I would recommend reviewing the article below. My guess is you will need to leverage the image processing tool to adjust your images prior to extracting information.

Image Classification (without code) with Alteryx I... - Alteryx Community

Hope this helps!

ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Khalisaaliyeva - You can avoid using an Image Template tool and read all your images in bulk. Then you can parse the result. For example, you can expect that a value following text "Expire date" will be your Expire Date, etc. Most likely you will need a lot of regex.  

Labels