Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Alteryx indicates successful db insert but data is not present

Joshman108
8 - Asteroid

Here is my insert information:

Joshman108_0-1658941408266.png

I set up my datasource as described in the accepted answer here using the postgres bulk uploader.

I have two tables, uxid and productdata.

What works:

In one workflow, I am able to Delete Data and Insert into uxid table and the data shows up successfully.

What doesn't work:

In another workflow, I try Append Existing into productdata and the gallery says that it successfully uploaded 173k records, but the records do not show up in the table.

What I've tried:

I do a before/after record count query and see the count does not change in productdata.

I view the records that are trying to be inserted and confirm they are new so I know records are not simply getting updated.

I tried creating a new blank productdatatest table in case something was locking the first productdata table and I get the same problems.

What in the world is happening here?

I suspect it might by a postgres or server issue, not an alteyrx issue.

1 REPLY 1
gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

What could be happening is that Alteryx is creating a table elsewhere, on another schema. You can search through your entire db and you will probably find that lost table. One way to avoid this is to mention the full path to the table, with all schemas, on the output tool.

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels