Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Alteryx as a listener?

JohnMaty
9 - Comet

Hi everyone,

Can Alteryx be set up to work as a listener?  In other words I have a temporary table in an application that contains data as requests are made by the user.  For example, a user needs to make a criminal case based upon a number (i.e. G 12345-6).  This number is supplied by an outside agency and has data associated to it.  This data is complied by an Alteryx process and made available to the user.  Right now it is on a timer.  That seems inefficient.  What I would like to do is have Alteryx continually look at a table for these numbers and as they come in, complete the data compilation and delete the number from the table.

Can Alteryx do this?  Can it work as a listener?

2 REPLIES 2
StephenR
Alteryx
Alteryx

Alteryx does not function as a listener, however, you can have an API call trigger a workflow.  You could have the agency pass the case number in an API call which would trigger the workflow to prepare and cache the report.

Regards,
Stephen Ruhl
Principal Customer Support Engineer

JohnMaty
9 - Comet
Spoiler

I will look into that.  Off the top of your head, what tool would you use as the trigger?  I will investigate in more detail but as just immediately curious!  Thasnk again.

Labels