Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Alteryx XML - Changing the XML or input/output tools of multiple workflows at one time

tareque
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Everyone!

Is there any way to edit the input/output tool for many workflows at once?

Currently working on a share drive migration where multiple workflows reside on the share drive.
We are also using the gallery and the scheduler so every builder has been using the UNC path of the share drive. Hindsight being 20/20 the UNC path should have been something a little more friendly so we could just map the new share drive to have the same UNC path, as opposed to the actual IP of the share server.

In the past, I've used notepad++ to change the xml workflows that have a lot of input and outputs that I needed to change just using a find/replace.

I remember a convo I had once with another alteryx user saying they found a way to do this for multiple workflows at once, and I thought 'oh, neat!'..unfortunately, that's all I remember, and not the whom or how!

I was wondering if anyone else had the opportunity to do this, or found a way to modify input/output in multiple workflows en masse?

5 REPLIES 5
Garabujo7
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hello @tareque ,

You can dynamically edit the xml of the workflows with a macro, here you have an example that my fellow @fvilelabr has created along with the sample macro for you to work on it.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Engine-Works/Mask-by-Pattern-How-to-Alter-the-XML-of-a-Workflow-at-...

Gabriel

tareque
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks for the link @Garabujo7 

My takeaway from the article was about modifying the XML of a specific tool during runtime in a single workflow/macro.

In my case, I would like to make a non-dynamic one-time change to the XML of multiple workflows at once.

Garabujo7
Alteryx
Alteryx

That one has a macro, you can specify the change to the XML and have a batch macro change all the workflows at once.

Gabriel

tarequeh84
5 - Atom

Interesting, so its possible to have an alteryx workflow as an input itself?

Can you expand on that a little?

tareque
6 - Meteoroid

Ok I think I figured out an easy way to do this.

Using notepadd++  you can Find in Files and replace values inside of different files.
It can even find and replace inside of .yxmd, .yxmc, and .bat

I found this to be a little easier to do this as a 1x than creating a workflow/macro.

tareque_1-1664487099337.png

Labels