Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Alteryx Workflow (Date Picker)

LaxmanPai
6 - Meteoroid

Hi All,

I have a date macro in my workflow which has a value of 2021-11-30 in the designer .

The objective of this workflow is to compute the values for last workend of a month and the subsequent 1 month working dates.

For Example , if i select 2021-11-30 it should calculate for 2021-11-30 and the December working days which is fine.

I make the changes in the workflow and publish it to the server ( I have not executed in Desinger before publishing).

After publishing , now when i give the date in the Gallery as 2021-10-29 , it should pick this date which i have keyed in plus November working dates.

But it picks only from what i have added in the Workflow .

Could you let me know the reason for this. Is it mandatory to run from the designer before publishing ?

6 REPLIES 6
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @LaxmanPai 

For workflow with interface tools it's always a good idea to run it once because the data across is not refreshed unless you run it after changes.

Hope this helps : )

LaxmanPai
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

Just to clarify, so what i understand from your view is to run the workflow manually once in the designer and then publish it in Gallery.

then it would pick whatever dates we pass is what you meant right ?

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @LaxmanPai 

Yes correct. Also, make sure it works on the desktop before publishing. Make sure to check the action tool config too.

Hope this helps : )

LaxmanPai
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks for the solution provided

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Happy to help : ) @LaxmanPai 

If my response helps please don't forget to mark it as solution.

Cheers and have a nice day!

LaxmanPai
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels