Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Alteryx Macro Unable to find connection

SleimanSS
5 - Atom

I am making this simple macro to make a pareto analysis (80/20).

It's supposed to import a dataset and select the items analyzed, their sales, and overlays the profits. This part is fine.

Down in the metro I want the cutoff to be changed using another control parameter that connects to the filter tool. So the user can at the beginning of the macro change the cutoff to study 50% or 80% or 90% (not neccessarily the 80% from the 80-20 rule).

The second control parameter is defaulted to 80%, but when the macro is saved and run in a regular workflow it says "cannot find connection", and any change to the number still results with the analysis done at 80%, i.e the default value. What am I missing here?

8 REPLIES 8
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @SleimanSS 

You need to make the below changes.

atcodedog05_0-1602598298985.png

Your select box requires to select a source of input.

Main workflow

atcodedog05_1-1602598344804.png

Personally i dont think you need the seletbox. Since its already taking mapping as part of input.

Hope this helps 🙂

If this post helps you please mark it as solution. And give a like if you dont mind 😀👍

SleimanSS
5 - Atom

Thank you. The missing connection issue has been resolved, but not the cutoff issue. I thought the missing connection was what was stopping the cutoff from working.  Any idea why that would be?

I included updated versions of the workflow / macro. 

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @SleimanSS 

No the missing connection was not creating the issue for cutoff.

I checked it seems to be working.

Cutoff: 80

atcodedog05_0-1602601684742.png

Cutoff:95

atcodedog05_1-1602601727009.png

Output for cutoff 80 and 90 where same and changed only when i changed to 95. Guess the difference occurs only between few ranges.

Hope this helps 🙂

If this post helps you please mark it as solution. And give a like if you dont mind 😀👍

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @SleimanSS 

Hope it clarify things 🙂

If my post helped you please mark it as solution. 😀

SleimanSS
5 - Atom

This is very weird. The cutoff is not working on my machine. I have the action tool doing the following. 

SleimanSS_1-1602604139608.png

Am I missing something? It's super weird that it works on yours and not on my computer!

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @SleimanSS 

Can you apply the below config and try.

atcodedog05_0-1602604303150.png

And you can see the output difference only in R and S macro output anchor.

SleimanSS
5 - Atom

That worked. Thank you!

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Happy to help 🙂 @SleimanSS 

Cheers and Happy Analyzing 😀

Labels