Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Alteryx Email SMTP error

amirsemsar
8 - Asteroid

On a production level assume that we create a batch process that produces a custom email for every individual with an individual personalized report. This can number in the hundreds to the thousands.

The email tool from what I am guessing is based on a series of python scripts that are in the miniconda environment. This works typically well until there is an SMTP failure and the workflow crashes telling you where it left off. Is there a way to modify the python parameter to retry with in 20-29 seconds to adhere to the Python time out? 

Has anyone solved this? 

2 REPLIES 2
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @amirsemsar 

Python is a relatively new subsytem in Alteryx and most of the original tools, like the Email tool are coded in C/C++/C# with some R tool included.  

Since the miniconda3 environment does include the complete suite of python email libraries, it would be possible for you to roll-your-own email tool that would allow you to configure it to meet your exact needs.

Dan  

amirsemsar
8 - Asteroid

Interesting, thank you for the correction.

So I guess my question going forward is how does one solve for the SMTP interruption? If Alteryx hits an interruption does it try a few times before it quits or does it just say interruption kill the workflow? Is there any solvency without rebuilding the email module? 

Labels