Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Alteryx App: Using Yes/No Radio buttons and Text Box in App to update file path formula.

djduran
5 - Atom

I tried looking around for an answer but couldn't find a similar situation similar to mine. Essentially, I recently started implementing a formula to update the file path for outputs so that the tax team I work with can drop the Workflow/App into new month/quarter folders. Several outputs use a range and preserving formatting on overwrite so in the file path formula, I have a field for inputting the range for the output (seen in attachments). Because sometimes the range needs to be extended, I was thinking of adding in the app radio buttons and a text box to update the range if necessary (second attachment). I soon realized that Alteryx does not let interface tools be in a closed container so I am stumped. The third attachment is how I have the app set up. 

I really just want if all the initial ranges are correct, then let the app run like normal and if a range needs updating then you can select No and input the new range. Is there a better way to approach this?

3 REPLIES 3
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@djduran Why don't you calculate the Range dynamically instead of a fixed range? You can calculate the total record in the file using the count records tool then append that count to the fields and use that count as your Range. in that case you no need to specify the range each time

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @djduran 

The trick here is to use the grouping functionality in the Interface Designer.  Set up the Check Box to collapse the group when deselected and then use the Up and Down arrows in the Interface Designer to embed the Text Box tool within the Check Box 

danilang_0-1679746780250.png

Now the visibility of the Text Box is controlled by the state of the Update Range check box

danilang_1-1679746886717.pngdanilang_2-1679746902805.png

Dan

djduran
5 - Atom

I used this for some fields and it worked great, thank you!

Labels