Alert: There is a planned Community maintenance outage October 16th from approximately 10 - 11 PM PST. During this time the Alteryx Community will be inaccessible. Thank you for your understanding!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Addting Incremental dataset to current dataset in yxdb.

Labhesh
8 - Asteroid

Hi Alteryx Coummunity

I have a question about how to work on incremental data coming from oracle database.

Data Table is of TIMESHEET.

Every week end let say Saturday i will recieve the full load data ( 100milions rows) that inculdes 1year back data from that date, Then after saturday i will recieve everyday incremental data (15-20million rows) for last 3-6 months that include the delete records, update records & new records from that orcale database.

I am extracting from oracle database and all full load data is loaded into yxdb before processing further.

NOW MY QUESTION:

I want to only delete, update & add those records from incremental data that we are receving everyday in after that we recieved on Saturday, i wanted to keep all the previous records that has not been touched, i wanted to automate this task ?

Note: Their is no unique ID's.

FYI i have never worked with incremnetal set of data processing.Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance :)

3 REPLIES 3
shancmiralles
10 - Fireball

output is in oracle too? or xlsx?
i'd use formula tool for this. 
formula tool can help you identify the data came in from mon-fri and sat-(if there is) sun.. 
from there, you can call the data from mon-fri so you can update them. 

@Labhesh 

Labhesh
8 - Asteroid

@shancmiralles 
hi

output will be in xlsx,

but the thing is i am extracting data from oracle database both full load and incremental.

i have not worked with incremental data can you elborate the formula use in it 

thanks 

shancmiralles
10 - Fireball

hi! @Labhesh 

if the only records that you will edit are the latest/current records for the week.. you may want to place a number under options (1. Record Limit) of the Input Data tool configuration.  if the data is thousands.. then you can limit it around 100(? just an estimation i don't know your data :) ) to represent the current week's data that you will edit/modify. 

so you may check if the only data that were pulled were the data for the latest week  -  by dates ( i assume there is a column/field that represents the date). if your date column comes with time just parse them out first.
for the days and do a formula tool to determine which data came in weekday/weekend:  datetimeformat([date],"%A")

Labels