Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Adding back combo/mod data to main item line

sammytummy
5 - Atom

Hello all, 

I have a dataset on some food sales data and I would like to transfer all the combo and modification attributes back to the main item line. The tricky part is that some involve replacing new modified attributes with existing ones as well as some include adding extra patty to an existing patty value. I was thinking of using multi-row formula but I could not get anywhere with it. 

I have provided the sample data and the desired output. 

Appreciate any sort of help or ideas! 

Thanks all! 

2 REPLIES 2
AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Hey @sammytummy ,

Here's one way you can go about answering that question. It's not the most dynamic way, but you can use it as a proof of concept and solve any issues that may arise when using the actual data.

AngelosPachis_0-1631129787550.png

Hope that helps,

Angelos

sammytummy
5 - Atom

Thanks for the reply @AngelosPachis! I am making progress using your logic but I am having problems with adding the numbers after concatenating the fields. I was trying to use regular expressions but I am not too good at it so I am just wondering if anyone can help with that. 

sammytummy_1-1631212435451.png

My attempts: 

1. Remove the oz and turn the string into int. But I am not so sure how I would go from there to add the numbers.

2. Use regex_replace to get find the numbers only if there is a comma in the column. But I am not sure how to add the numbers if there is more than 2 (i.e. 3333=12) 

sammytummy_2-1631212693781.png

TLDR: How to make a string of 3oz,3oz into 6oz. 

Labels