Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Adding Seasonality month in Time series function

Dhilip_Kumar
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I have used ARIMA and ETS tools to forecast my future data. Now I want to add few things on that workflow, we received Jan and Jul month high sales rather than other months so How can I add this instruction into ARIMA and ETS tool function. I have attached my workflow for your reference please have a look at it and advise me.

Also, I am looking for same results while forecasting daily, we received high sales on 1st and 15th day of each month.

15 REPLIES 15
aatalai
14 - Magnetar

@Dhilip_Kumar You need to retrain the model and test the models on the new combined dataset

aatalai
14 - Magnetar

Also try using the TS plot tool

Dhilip_Kumar
8 - Asteroid

@aatalai I am unable to getting your advise. Could you please advice me with workflow. I am completely new to this Time series tool.

aatalai
14 - Magnetar

@Dhilip_Kumar I'm away from alteryx atm till aorund march so can't upload a workflow unfortunately.

But if you haven't already check out the data science learning path there is an entire section on time series.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Learning-Paths/Data-Science-Learning-Path/ta-p/504157 

Dhilip_Kumar
8 - Asteroid

Hi @aatalai 

Any luck to get your help on this forecasting

aatalai
14 - Magnetar

@Dhilip_Kumar can you attach the workflow as packaged with the data or upload the data separately? Open the workflow and do not have the data

Dhilip_Kumar
8 - Asteroid

@aatalai Here is the workflow.

aatalai
14 - Magnetar

@Dhilip_Kumar take a look at this and let me know if it helps

Dhilip_Kumar
8 - Asteroid

Thank you @aatalai. This help me and got some idea on this however I would like to ask three questions on this.

1. I am not able to find the result for 2024 based on input data. I could see the forecasting result for 2023 March to December. Please advise me if I am looking result on incorrect tool.

2. On my input file I have two different categories (Reporting and Invoice). I want the result for both categories on one output. Please help me to get this.

3. How could we get this output result in excel format.

I am really thankful and appreciate all your help!!! 

Thanks

Dhilip

Labels