Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Add manual header row with merged cells

ajstew61
5 - Atom

I am looking to add a manual header row above my data output that will span multiple columns below it. 

For example, I have columns on my output labeled as Plan, Actual, Plan, Actual.  Above that I want to have two columns, the first one called Induction and the second Shipment, each spanning two columns.  Is this possible?

2 REPLIES 2
SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @ajstew61

Are you looking to do this in a plain data stream or in the context of a reporting table?

Reason for asking is that there's an active unsolved thread on the reporting table version (raised by @jgreene here that you can add to https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Publishing-Gallery/Column-sub-headings-in-reporting-Table-tool/m-p/... )

If you're looking to change the headers on regular old data stream - this is not possible since Alteryx treats every data column as an independant entity (i.e. no way to treat a column as having a column category and child category).

If you're looking to output this to Excel, there may be a way programatically.

so - depending on what you're trying to do, there's a few solution paths.

If you reply to this thread with a basic workflow containing a sample of your input data (you can mock it up if you're worried about corporate intellectual property), and the output you're hoping for - then the community can help to solve or confirm if there is a solution.   Have a look at the way that @JoeM structures his weekly challenges to get an idea of what I mean (https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Weekly-Challenge/bd-p/weeklychallenge) - this will really help the community to get you to a solution in the quickest possible time.

Cheers

Sean

ajstew61
5 - Atom

Sean,

The other unsolved thread is exactly what I am looking for, so it looks like I will need to wait until the report tool is enhanced (as eluded to in that post).  Thank you for the response.

- Andy

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels